If you are looking for a fast electric scooter for a heavy rider then you really need to do some serious research. The standard electric scooter is designed for average people with a weight of up to 220 pounds or so. If you are 300 pounds and over then your choices for electric scooters are much more limited, especially if you want a high performance scooter.
The less a person weighs the faster he or she is able to ride a scooter. Even if you are able to find an electric scooter that can handle your weight, the scooter's performance goes down dramatically. So not only does a heavier rider need a scooter that is strong and sturdy but the scooter also needs to have lots of power, excellent battery and suspension, a wide deck, strong wheels etc.
It is not easy to find electric scooters that tick all those boxes, which is why I created this list of the best fast electric scooters for a heavy rider. There are some monster scooters available that not only can handle a heavy rider but have enough power to make a heavy rider achieve very high speeds. The only issue is that such e-scooters cost way more money than your standard scooter but if you are willing to spend this money then you will be able to own an electric scooter that obliterates all others.
Top 5 Fast Electric Scooters for a Heavy Rider
1. The Turbowheel Phaeton Electric Scooter for a Heavy Rider! 330 pound weight limit
The Turbowheel Phaeton is a serious piece of equipment that can be too much to handle even for true adrenaline junkies. The stats for this scooter are just ridiculous.
- The Phaeton has a 1600 Watt dual motor which equals unbelievable acceleration, high top speed and amazing hill climbing ability with a max motor output of 6,480 Watts. It can reach speeds of 60+ mph for an average weight rider. For a heavier rider the top speed is lower but can still go over 50 mph.
- The 2,520Wh/35Ah battery pack of the Phaeton contains Samsung 35E 18650 3.5Ah cells, which give the scooter extra ride time and range over the competition. The maximum range is as high as 80 miles for the average rider on full charge. Even heavier adults can still expect a range of 50 miles or more.
- The Phaeton also comes with the adjustable steering damper which improves handlebar stability and control at higher speeds. The scooter also has bright 500 lm dual headlights for riding in low light conditions.
- The weight limit for the scooter is a solid 330 pounds, which is about 100 pounds more than a standard scooter.
- The scooter weight is a fairly heavy 132 pounds but it has to be havy to handle a heavy rider, reach those high speeds and range.
- The Turbowheel Phaeton is equipped with front-rear hydraulic disc brakes for smooth and precise braking. The hydraulic brakes are also supplemented with regenerative braking, activated through the Dashboard.
- It has many other cool features, such as key locking system and thumb throttle.
- It also has huge 11-inch pneumatic tires, strong kickstand.
- The dual suspension has rear spring suspension and a very wide deck.
As you can see the Turbowheel Phaeton is a real beast with a price tag of $3,590 to match. But if you want to buy the Lamborghini of electric scooters then you just have to cough up the money. This super fast electric scooter for heavy riders is worth the money.
The best place to order this scooter is at eWheels because they offer 1-year warranty, large selection of spare parts and amazing customer service.
2. DUALTRON STORM ELECTRIC SCOOTER FOR A HEAVY RIDER – 330 pound weight limit
The Dualtron Storm electric scooter is next on the list of fast electric scooters for a heavy rider. This is a very popular and very highly rated scooter that is certainly top of the line scooter.
- The Dualtron Storm has MAX 6,640 watt BLDC dual hub motor that reaches speeds of up to 60 mph. In real world conditions for a heavier rider the top speed is a bit lower but still more than most can handle.
- It comes with 72 Volt, 31.5 Ah LG battery pack, which is swappable and comes with remote charging ports and up to 80 mile range.
- The charging time can be as quick as 4.8 hours when you use the quick charger, 10 hours when using 2 standard chargers and up to 21 hours when just using a single standard charger. It is better to buy the quick charger in my opinion.
- The maximum load for the Storm is 150 kg or 330 pounds. Very few scooters can handle 330 pounds. This is a great plus.
- The weight of the scooter is 46 kg or 102 pounds, which is 30 pounds lighter than the Phaeton electric scooter.
- The Dualtron Storm has the ability to climb slopes of 70% (around 35°), which is unique.
- It also has hydraulic brakes with ABS standard and 160mm discs. These brakes are highly efficient and enable energy dissipation.
- The handle and frame of the scooter are made out of very strong aviation grade 6082-T6 aluminum alloy.
- The lighting system includes brake light, turn signals, taillight and Dual LED headlight.
- The scooter features 45-step adjustable rubber suspensions with 11-inch ultra wide tubeless tires.
Yet again it a very fast electric scooter for a heavy rider with a price tag of €4,490.00 or $5177. It is certainly one of the most expensive electric scooters on the market. It is not really meant for beginners but rather for ultimate scooter enthusiasts and fans.
3. Dualtron Ultra 2 Electric Scooter for Heavy Riders 330 pound weight limit
The Dualtron Ultra 2 also fits in the category of fast electric scooters for heavy riders. It is very similar to the Dualtron Storm but it is a previous generation model with a cheaper price tag.
- The Ultra 2 has a 6,640 Watt maximum output BLDC dual hub motor just like the Dualtron Storm scooter. It also has a top speed of up to 60 mph.
- The 72 volt – 35 Ah – 2,520Wh battery with LG 3500 cells has a maximum mileage of 87 miles. For a 300 pound guy in real world conditions 40-50 miles would be more realistic.
- The powerful motor also has 35 degree or 70% climbing grade.
- The scooter is equipped with front and rear disc brakes with standard ABS.
- Maximum rider weight is 330 pounds and scooter weight is a relatively light 88 pounds, especially when compared to the Phaeton.
- The scooter also features a brake light, taillight and dual LED headlight.
- The frame is constructed out of the same aviation grade 6082-T6 aluminum alloy.
- The tires are ultra wide 11-inch off road tires.
- It also has front rubber suspension and charging time with the quick charger is 7 hours.
- The folded dimensions are 1210 x 318 x 525 mm and unfolded dimensions are 1210 x 600 x 1219 mm.
The price for the Dualtron Ultra 2 is €3,990.00 or $4695, which is €500 cheaper than the Dualtron Storm electric scooter. It is probably an overal better choice as well in general.
As you can see there are fast electric scooters for heavy riders on the market. You certainly have to spend lots of money but you also get a lot of value for your money as well.
4. Dualtron Eagle Pro Electric Scooter for Heavy Riders 265 pound weight limit
The Dualtron Eagle Pro is the latest release of the Dualtron series and it might be their best electric scooter to date. With every new release and version the quality of electric scooters constantly improves and the Dualtron Eagle Pro has lots of improvements over the previous Dualtron electric scooter models.
The Dualtron Eagle Pro is perfect for people who want a high performing electric scooter but don’t want to spend almost $6000 for the Dualtron X. The dual 3600 Watt hub motors generate a huge amount of power and power the scooter to speeds of up to 40 mph. On flat roads and with a tailwind it is even possible to go faster than that.
This powerful electric scooter for adults is built to last. Built with aviation grade aluminium, steel and hard plastic. The 1344Wh (LG) battery has a range of up to 50 miles, which is one of the best stats in its price range. It is 22 pounds heavier than the Dualtron Spider, which has a max range of 37 miles. In real world conditions the range for the Eagle Pro and Spider are about the same.
2000 Watt Mototec Electric Chopper for Heavy Riders – 450 pound weight limit
There are many reasons why this is the best electric chopper scooter on sale. First of all and most impressively it has 2000 Watts of power, which is really significant. The torque of this electric chopper scooter is amazing and it allows you to accelerate very fast and also tackle hilly terrain with ease.
The top speed is around 32 mph or 50 km/h, depending of the rider weight and the terrain you ride on. Top speed of around 30 mph for a electric chopper scooter is very fast indeed and it allows you to overtake most other standard electric scooter with ease.
The 60v 18ah lithium ion battery has a range of around 20 miles, again depending on the rider weight and the terrain you ride on. When compared to many other electric chopper scooters on sale, a range of 20 miles or 32 km is excellent. It takes 4-8 hours to charge the battery, depending how empty the battery is. 8 hours can be a bit too long but you can just leave the battery charging overnight.