The Segway Ninebot MAX electric kick scooter has received rave reviews and very high ratings from customers. In this review of the Segway Ninebot MAX electric kick scooter, I will give an overview of the main features and specs of this electric scooter. And try to find out whether it is really worth the $850 price tag.
Segway is one of the first and most well-known modern electric scooter companies. Lots of rental companies use Segway electric scooters and for good reason. The Segway Ninebot MAX is the latest generation and upgraded model that is designed for long and comfortable rides. Hopefully this review of the Segway Ninebot MAX electric kick scooter will give you a better idea whether this e-scooter is best fit for you.
The Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter Review
Specs and Features of the Ninebot MAX
- The Ninebot MAX is a considerable upgrade of your standard commuting e-scooter. It has a fairly powerful 350 Watt motor with a max load of 220 pounds, range of 40 miles and maximum speed of 18.6 mph. These are all very good specs. There is also the Smart Battery Management System in place that extends battery life and also assures battery safety.
- Of course the Ninebot MAX has a one-step folding system that makes it portable and the folding process only takes 3-seconds. This enables you to carry the scooter along with you, store in your car trunk or carry it to public transport. The weight of the scooter is 41.2 pounds, which is not very light.
- It also has standard and required electrical and mechanical anti-lock braking system for braking safety.
- The shock absorbers on the front and rear wheels along with the 10″ air-filled tires add lots of rider comfort on bumpy roads and rough terrain.
- The technology is also pretty advanced with Bluetooth capability, LED display, firmware updates, mobile app connectivity, riding modes, cruise control and more. Plus there is also a built-in charger. It has quite a bit of technology.
- The Ninebot MAX KickScooter also has regenerative braking system that turns the energy collected from braking and adds it when you need an extra boost of power.
- It also features front-facing lights with 2.5 W bright LED lights. Not really bright enough for riding in the dark though.
- Can ride up 20% slope in ideal conditions, which is solid.
- It has a IPX5 water resistance rating, which means it can resist a sustained, low-pressure water jet spray.
- The Ninebot Max has a 551 Wh battery with 6 hour charging time
Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter Review: Pros and Cons
This scooter has received very high ratings (4.5 out of 5 stars). Overall it is a great value for money. Little but more expensive than your general budget electric scooter but it is well worth the money.
The overall specs are really good, in addition to the range, comfort and build quality. It pretty much has everything you would want from an electric scooter. Little bit heavy but certainly not the heaviest scooter there is. There could be shock absorption for the tires for a little bit of extra comfort as well.
I also really love the IPX5 water resistance rating because you don't have to worry about the scooter when it starts to rain. Another issue with the Segway Ninebot MAX is that it could often be out of stock. You might not be able to get your hands on one because of this. Due to the popularity of electric scooters, the more popular models tend to be out of stock quite often.
I had the es4 initially and i decided to upgraded the Max. I am very pleased with the upgrade, I like the power, the stability and handling. The brake system is a great upgrade and the shock absorbing is also much better. Over all I am very much pleased with the upgrade. I ride my scooter at least 4-5 miles everyday and this one is a better choice for the journey. I highly recommend this scooter.
Very happy with our new Segway Max. Very smooth and stable! The entire scooter is perfect! The front LED light is awesome and lights the path ahead beautifully. I highly recommend the Segway Max to everyone. Thank you