The CITYRIDER is one of the best lightweight electric scooter for commuting. Some people want to buy a scooter that has lots of power and range just for the thrill of it but most people actually want a budget-friendly and lightweight electric scooter for short commutes in the city. The CITYRIDER is one of the best commuting electric scooters in its price range.
In this review of the CITYRIDER electric scooter I will explain the pros and cons of this scooter and why it is an excellent choice. It can be overwhelming to figure out what scooter you should buy and what you actually need. There are many reaons why the CITYRIDER is a sure choice and when buying this scooter, you know you will get a high quality product.
CITYRIDER Electric Scooter Features
- One of the reasons why the CITYRIDER is an excellent scooter for inner city rides is the light weight. It only weighs 28 pounds in total. The 300 Watt motor gets the scooter up to 18 mph or 29 km/h. For inner city commutes 18 mph maximum speed is more than enough to move around swiftly.
- The Lithium-ion 36V 7.5Ah battery has a maximum range of 10 miles, which is not that much. But the the CITYRIDER has been especially designed for short inner city commutes and a 10 mile range is enough.
- The scooter has many important safety features as well. Such as front and rear LED lights, integrated turn signals and lateral reflectors. These features make the rider visible in low light conditions and traffic.
- The stopping power for the CITYRIDER is excellent, thanks to the rear step brake and rear drum brake.
- A really cool feature is the sleek display, which shows the speed and allows the rider to select between 2 riding modes: sport and comfort. The iOS Apple and android App allow you to personalize driving modes, customize the display and get an overview of various technical statistics. The app enables the rider to set cruise control and the speed of the cruise control as well.
- Flats are not an issue thanks to the solid 8,5-inch honeycomb tires that also offer quite a smooth rider. The all mate black frame along with the wooden deck make the CITYRIDER stand out with its stylish look.
- The weight limit is a standard 100 kg or 220 pounds and the scooter folds down to a compact 43.3×18.1×19.7 inches. This makes the scooter very portable and can easily be taken on a train or bus or stored under the office desk.
Is The CITYRIDER The Best Lightweight Electric Scooter for Commuting?
The CITYRIDER is certainly one of the best lightweight electric scooter for commuting in its price range. There are certainly far more powerful and longer-ranged electric scooters for commuting but they also cost way more than the CITYRIDER.
For just $450 you can get a very reliable, lightweight, portable and fun scooter to ride. There is no need for most people to spend $1000 or more for an electric scooter for short daily commutes.
In addition you get a 80 days limited warranty for manufacturer’s defects and 15 days no questions asked returns of unused products, when ordering from Fluid Free Rides. They also offer fantastic customer service and have plenty of spare parts to repair and maintain the scooter.
If you feel the CITYRIDER is not for you then you take a look at these electric scooters in the same price range:
- The Levy Electric Scooter
- Glion Dolly 225
- The Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter
- Ninebot Segway E22E
- Xiaomi M365 Electric Scooter
I have been using the Cityrider electric scooter for a little more than 2 weeks now and let me tell you this thing is a game changer for my commute in the streets of Brooklyn. Even before COVID, I was using Citibike to travel to and from work. As the weather started getting warmer, my commute has left me sweaty and tired before treating patients and that was a deal-breaker for me. This scooter got me to work in half the amount of time and without being exhausted or sweaty. The whole thing feels very secure and solid because it is built very well. There is no suspension on this thing, so you will feel it when you run over potholes and large obstructions. I also wish the range was a little longer because there are some trips on the flat roads of Long Island in which I barely make it back on the round trip. I weigh about 200 pounds and I have ridden this thing with well over 40 pounds of stuff in my backpack and it performed surprisingly well. Overall I am very pleased with this electric scooter and would highly recommend to anyone taking short trips in the city.
Gamechanger for my Brooklyn Commute
I bought this scooter for my 14yr old to ride to school and back. It’s works great and is a perfect size for her. The battery life is awesome! She can ride usually for over an hour and still have better left. I would highly recommend this scooter!
I am 6'3'' about 185 and it is comfortable to ride and I consistently get around 9.5 miles per charge (probably put 70-80 miles on it so far). It looses a little speed at the end and hills will definitely drain it faster, but overall I am very happy with the performance. That all being said the 10 mile range does not last long when I am cruising at 17 mph on the bike paths (passing all but the serious road bikers) I can cover 10 miles in less than 40 minutes. I bought this thing as a commuter (It can beat the light rail downtown!) to get from point A to point B, but I neglected to consider how fun it would be to ride! I kind of wish I had splurged and gotten one with a 20+ mile range and speeds up to 25 mph for joy riding, but the costs and weight of those scooters double so as a portable entry level option the city rider is a great value and compromise. I live in a studio with no place for bike storage, so this gives me a way to get out and about without driving, while being easy to carry up stairs and stash in my closet.
Lives up to every expectation