Not only are electric scooters very practical when it comes to short distance city commutes but riding them is also lots of fun. It really is a thrill to ride with your electric scooter around town, especially if you have good roads. It is really incredible how much time you can save if you don't sit in traffic in your car going nowhere fast. One of the major drawbacks of electric scooters is the lack of high quality waterproof electric scooters.
If you do a search for electric kick scooters and read the warranty section then you will see a statement like this: The warranty is void If the scooter has been ridden in the rain or has any water ingress.
The fact is that it rains and in some places it rains a lot and if you don't have a water resistant electric scooter then you are out in the rain, literally! But have no worries, there are plenty of waterproof electric scooters that you can ride in the rain and not have to worry about whether it is going to rain or not.
I have searched around the web and listed some of the best waterproof electric scooters that you can buy.
Best waterproof electric scooters!
1. Pure Air Pro Waterproof Electric Scooter (IPX6 water resistance rating)
- The Pure Air Pro electric scooter has been built with typical European and British weather conditions in mind. This water resistant electric scooter has IP-65 rated water resistance. The warranty also covers against any water ingress, which is really great news for people who commute with their scooter on a daily basis.
- The Pure Air Pro electric scooter has a 350 W motor and comes with 3 selectable power settings. The acceleration is also more controllable due to the motors unique mapping, which makes the riding experience easier and safer. The motor also has a built-in anti-skid electronic break that makes breaking more reliable and safer. This is in addition to the mechanical rear break.
- The electric scooter has air-filled tyres and large 10-inch wheels. This also adds more comfort and safety to the riding experience. These air filled tyres are also fitted with pre-installed puncture prevention fluid. This greatly reduces the likelihood of a puncture during riding.
- The Pure Air Pro electric scooter is constructed to easily a 120 kg maximum load. The chassies are sturdy and reinforced that safety. Also the grippy and large deck provide underfoot stability and strength.
- The design of the amazing water resistant electric scooter is also amazing. It has a sleek and a modern refined style. It also has powerful front and rear LED lights that improve your visibility. Plus the side-mounted reflectors add perfect 360-degree visbility.
2. 8TEV B12 Waterproof Electric Scooter (IPX6 water resistance rating)
The 8TEV B12 electric scooter has a IPX6 water resistance ratings, which is the highest water resistance rating an electric scooter can get. With its large tires and light weight and long range, it is one of the best waterproof electric scooters for UK weather!
- There are many more features, and aspects other than the waterproof rating, that make the 8TEV B12 electric scooter stand out. It is a whole package that is ideal for city commutes.
- The 350 Watt motor produces a top speed of 21.7 mph, which is plenty of speed for daily commutes. It is faster than the very popular Xiaomi M365 for example. The 465Wh Panasonic battery has a range of up to 20 miles, which again is right up there with the best e-scooters.
- The stand-out feature of this electric scooter is the big 12-inch magnesium alloy wheels with air-filled tires. The standard tire size for en electric scooter is 8 inches. Those big 12-inch wheels with Japanese sealed bearings make the ride quality much smoother. The bigger the wheels, the easier it is to tackle rough roads and potholes.
- The weight of the scooter is 17 kg or 37.5 pounds, which is a bit heavy but the 8TEV B12 electric scooter has not been designed to be folded together. It can be carried along and it has a folding stem. It can be stored in a car trunk for example. The frame itself one piece TIG welded and made of ircraft grade Chromoly 4130. It is a very strong and sturdy frame that can take some pounding.
- Another feature of this scooter is the Tektro hydraulic dual piston disc brakes, which provide lots of stopping power. The deck is very strong and made out of maple and reinforced with carbon. The deck has strategically-positioned grip tape to ensure safer footing and is resistant to various wear and tear.
- The integrated front and rear LED lights make the rider visible in low light conditions. The lights can be controlled from the display unit on the handlebar. The handlebar bar itself is ergonomically designed with high quality grips, easy to use brake levers and throttle unit with 3 Power modes: Eco, City, Sport.
- The weight limit of 120 kg makes it possible for heavier riders to ride the scooter as well. Most commuting e-scooters, such as the Xiaomi M365, have a 100 kg weight limit.
- There are plenty of features that makes this scooter not only one of the best waterproof electric scooters for UK weather but the best scooter in general.
3. The Smart Electric Scooter aka the BIRD (IP-34 water resistance rating)
The Smart Electric Scooter is extremely popular rental electric scooter. If you have rented this electric scooter and wanted to have one just like that for yourself then now is your chance. It has a IP-34 water resistance rating, which means it can handle splashes of water, although does not tolerate heavy rain that well.
- It is a really well-designed electric kick scooter that makes anyone who rides it just look cool.
- It also features front and rear double breaking system. The eABS regenerative anti-lock braking system with disc breaking reduces the breaking distance to just 13.1 feet.
- The smart electric scooter also features powerful 1.1W headlights for driving at night with a range of 6 meters.
- It also has red taillights for breaking for warning pedestrians and other vehicles.
- The large 8.5 inch front and rear tires are shock-absorbing and also have anti-slip threads. And along with the powerful 250 Watt brushless DC motor, the riding experience is second to none.
- By downloading the app to your smartphone you can also use it as a dashboard. This enables you to keep an eye on statistics, such as remaining power, current speed and other statistics.
- The max speed is 18 mph and range is approximately 18 miles.
- Most importantly the electric scooter is splash proof so you can easily ride it in the rain.
4. EMOVE Touring – Water Resistant Urban Electric Scooter (IP-54 water resistance rating)
The EMOVE Touring is considered to be one of the best urban electric scooters. It has incredible build quality, long lasting battery, great suspension, powerful motor and it can be ridden seated or standing up. The IP-54 water resistance rating of the EMOVE Touring means the scooter is protected against dust ingress sufficient to prevent the product from operating normally but it’s not dust tight. The product is fully protected against solid objects and splashing of water from any angle. So not fully waterproof but still fairly water resistant.
- The EMOVE Touring has a top speed of 24 mph or 38.5 km/h. The 500 Watt motor has the power to accelerate to 15 mph in 4.5 seconds as well. It has plenty of top speed and acceleration to easily ride through urban environment swiftly but it is not a “monster” scooter with speed and acceleration that are hard to control.
- 48V 13AH LG battery with battery management system protection has a range of 25 miles when fully charged. In real world conditions it might be a bit lower but it is still more than enough for most. For example the Xiaomi M365 has a range of 18.5 miles.
- The EMOVE Touring has excellent brakes as well and is able to come to a full stop from 15 mph in 16.6 feet. It has rear wheel drum and regenerative braking. Ideally there could have been front braking as well but it doesn’t affect braking that much.
5. Glion Dolly Water Resistant Electric Scooter 225
- There are many things that make the Glion Dolly Electric Scooter 225 special. It is simple and in the affordable range for most people. It makes daily commutes much faster and saves up loads of time. The top speed is 15 mph and range is around 15 miles per charge. It is mostly a practical tool for daily commutes with few bells and whistles.
- The Glion Dolly 225 electric scooter is foldable in just seconds, which means you can take it anywhere you go. It can be carried like a suitcase behind you or stored standing up. The battery gets fully charged in just 3.5 hours. It is ready to go in just seconds.
- This electric scooter is water resistant but not quite water proof. This means that the hand controls can stand a little bit of moisture and the battery compartment is fully sealed from the elements. It is important to make sure that water does not reach the battery compartments. Basically it can be ridden in light rain but heavy rain over long periods can be too much.
- The 250 W brushless motor located in the rear and the 36v 7.8 ah rechargeable lithium ion battery give the electric kick scooter remarkable power. It can reach a top speed of 15 miles per hour when carrying average adult. The range is up to 15 miles of full charge.
- The frame is crafted from 6061-T6 powder-coated aircraft-grade aluminium to resist corrosion. Also the 8-inch tires with honeycomb interior assure a smooth ride and guaranteed never to go flat. The anti-lock electronic break makes breaking smooth and secure. The controls are all water-resistant and easy to use.
6. The Segway Ninebot MAX Waterproof Electric Scooters (IPX5 water resistance rating)
The Ninebot MAx electric scooter has a IPX5 water resistance rating, which means it can resist a sustained, low-pressure water jet spray. It is not as waterproof as the Pure Air Pro but you can still ride the scooter comfortably in light rain.
- The Ninebot MAX is an absolutely superb electric scooter that is hugely popular and one of the best scooters you can get.
- The powerful 350-Watt motor can reach a max speed of 18.6 mph or almost 30 km/h.
- The range of the 551 Wh battery of the Segway Ninebot MAX is up to 40 miles, which is a lot when compared to other similar scooters. The charging time for the battery is just 6 hours.
- It has a IPX5 water resistance rating. This means the scooter is suitable for riding under light rain and can handle low pressure water jet sprays. It is one of the best waterproof electric scooters.
- The scooter weight is a fairly heavy 41.2 pounds with 10-inch pneumatic tires. If you want to learn more about the Ninebot MAX electric scooter then check out this review of the Segway Ninebot MAX.