What is the best folding electric scooters for adults under £500?
We are going to find out the answer to this question in this blog post.
In order to find the right electric scooter for your needs you first have to know exactly what kind of a e-scooter you want. So many individuals don’t know exactly what they want and therefore buy a electric scooter that doesn’t suit them. Hopefully you know exactly what you are looking for in a scooter and how much money you are willing to spend on a e-scooter.
For £500 you can find decent folding electric scooters for adults but there are also scooters that in that price range that are of very poor quality and not worth buying. But these foldable electric scooters for adults under £500 are the best scooters you can find for 500 pounds and they have all the necessary features for daily commutes.
Best Folding Electric Scooters For Adults Under £500
1. Xiaomi M365 Foldable Electric Scooter For Adults
The Xiaomi M365 is one of the top selling electric scooters in the world and for good reason. It is the best quality scooter you can buy for less than £500 and you know what you get when you buy the Xiaomi M365.
- It is easy to learn and intuitive
- Has a portable folding design
- Double braking system
- 18.5 mile maximum range
- 15 mph maximum speed
- Pneumatic front and rear shock absorbing tires
- 250 Watt motor
- Front and rear lights
- Max weight is just 27.5 pounds
- Rear disc and front KERS breaks
The overall package of the M365 is what makes it one of the best foldable electric scooters for adults under £500. The specs are really solid, design is excellent and overall build quality is very high as well.
For the vast majority of people who are looking for a budget friendly, yet high quality electric scooter with good specs, the M365 is the obvious choice. You really don’t much more from a e-scooter for commuting than the M365.
2. Ninebot Segway E22E Folding Electric Scooters For Adults
The Ninebot Segway E22E is another very popular electric scooter that is deal for commuting. It is lightweight, built to last, easy folding mechanism, plenty of speed and long lasting battery.
- Powerful 300 Watt motor
- Maximum climbing angle of 15%
- Lightweight at 29.8 pounds
- Quick 3.5 hour charging time
- Maintenance free dual-density tires
- 100 kg maximum load
- 184 Wh Battery
- Features app monitor
- IPX4 water resistance
The design of the Ninebot Segway E22E is also sleek and it doesn’t have any wires hanging out. It also has full LED display that shows battery level, speed and power mode. It also can connect via Bluetooth to the Ninebot Segway app. It has 2-year warranty as well. For less than £400, this foldable electric scooter for adults is best value for money you can get.
3. GOTRAX XR Ultra Folding Electric Scooters for Adults
The GOTRAX XR Ultra electric scooter is also great value for money priced less than £300. So if you don’t want to spend £500 for a e-scooter than for £300 you can geta real solid high quality scooter with great specs.
- Powerful 300 Watt motor
- Dual breaking system
- 15.5 mph max speed
- 17 mile riding range
- High capacity LG Battery 7.0AH
- 8.5 inch inflatable tires
- Easy folding mechanism
- Digital display on handlebars
- Weighs 27.5 pounds
- Ultra-bright head light
- EABS + Disc Braking
You can hardly find any negative reviews for the XR Ultra electric scooter because it just is a solid scooter with great specs. Of course it is not recommended to ride in the rain with this scooter but most electric scooters are not designed to be ridden in heavy rain. This scooter is a great choice for your first scooter and it is also suitable for teens.
4. GOTRAX G3 Foldable Electric Scooter For Adults
The GOTRAX G3 electric scooter is the latest and improved model of the G-series and it was launched in January 2020. The reason why you would want to get the GOTRAX G3 e-scooter, instead of the XR Ultra model, is because it is an updated version. Although the price is higher for the G3, it is still under £500.
- Maximum range is 18 miles
- The top speed is 18 mph
- Scooter weight is 36 pounds
- 8.5-inch air filled tires
- 430 Watt max and 300 Watt average motor
- Hand operate breaking system
- 36V7.8aH battery
- IPX6 Waterproof rating
- Built-in digital lock
- 220 pound max rider weight
This is even better value for money than the XR Ultra model. The only problem is that at the moment it is sold out. It might be available when you are reading this but this shows that people really want this scooter. If you really want to buy the G3 foldable electric scooter then get it while you can.
5. SoFlow SO2 Foldable Electric Scooter For Adults!
The SoFlow SO2 is available at Pure Electric at £499.99, so it is under £500. In some places it will be over £500 but it is technically still under £500. The SoFlow, being more expensive electric scooter, has certain stats that are better.
- Maximum speed is 14 mph
- Optimum range is 24 miles
- 500 Watt motor
- Charging time is 4 hours
- 36 V Lithium-Ion battery
- Scooter weight is 15.5 kg or 34 pounds
- Max load is 120 kg or 265 pounds
- IP-54 Waterproof rating
The battery lasts longer than other electric scooters and the motor is also more powerful at 500 Watts. Plus the battery can be quickly removed and changed if you don’t have time to recharge. The front drum and rear disc brakes are reliable and very effective. The handlebars can be adjusted as well.
It is suppose to be able to handle any type of surface: tarmac, grass, gravel and cement. But the feedback from clients seems to point that it is not that good at riding on rough terrain as suggested.
These were the best folding electric scooters for adults under £500. For this money these electric scooters are certainly worth buying and you can also be sure the quality of production is very high as well. The money you spend on buying the scooter does pay off fairly quickly, especially if you are planning to use it regularly for commuting. Keep in mind that the cost per charge for the average scooter is only 23 cents in US dollars. So buying an electric scooter in the £500 price range is worth it for sure.
6. Nanrobot Electric Scooter X2 250W – Foldable Electric Scooters For Adults
The Nanrobot X2 250 Watt electric scooter is another popular scooter that is great value for money. For just € 399 you get a reliable scooter with great build quality. It also looks stylish, is easy to start and ride. It is one of the best selling models for Nanrobot.
- The top speed for the Nanrobot X2 is 25 km/h. It has pneumatic (air-filled) tires which makes the scooter smooth to ride.
- The controls for the acceleration and speed are very basic and easy to learn. The look of the scooter is also far better than rental scooters.
- The lithium 36V 5.2Ah battery has a range of 9.3 miles or 15 km, which is not a lot to be honest.
- It has a brushless 250 Watt motor.
- The scooter weight is a light 28 pounds or 12.5 kg.
- It has rear disc brakes but no front brakes and it also has no suspension.
- The maximum rider weight is a standard 100 kg or 220 pounds and it comes with front and rear lights.
- It is of course foldable and folds down to 106 x 42 x 45 cm.
- Charging time is 3-4 hours.
These were some of the best folding electric scooters for adults and hopefully you can find the one you like from this list. The list is most likely going to be updated in the future when a better scooter catches my eyes.