It seems there are lots of electric scooters to choose from these days but if you want a specific electric scooter then you might struggle to find exactly the right one, such as a $500 electric scooter with a portable battery in 2023.
Those who have a tight budget generally don't want to spend more than $500 for an electric scooter. If you are looking for a foldable and portable adult e-scooter for daily commuting in the city then you don't need to spend a large sum of money.
Although there are plenty of e-scooters costing in the $500 range, there aren't that many $500 electric scooters with a portable battery. One of the rare exceptions is the Turboant X7 Pro. It is easy to use, comfortable to ride with great range and affordable price tag - exactly what some are looking for in 2023.
For $500 you will get lots of value with the Turboant X7 Pro and in many ways it outperforms much more expensive electric scooters.
In this review I will go over the features and specs of the Turboant X7 Pro, a general overview, as well as the pros and cons.
Turboant X7 Pro Electric Scooter Specs and Features
$500 Electric Scooter with Portable Battery: The Turboant X7 Pro Review
For a $500 electric scooter, the specs for the Turboant X7 Pro are very impressive. This single motor electric scooter has 350 watts of power and can reach speeds of up to 32 km/h or 20 mph. Most e-scooters have a 15 mph speed limit so the top speed is higher than that.
The 10 Ah, 360 Wh Lithium-Ion has a max range of up to 48 km or 30 miles, coming with a detachable replacement battery. The charging time is 6 hours. Thanks to the portable detachable battery the range is much higher when compared to other $500 electric scooters.The scooter has 2 charging methods: detached battery charging or scooter unit charging.
The Turboant X7 Pro reliable electronic brakes, bright LED headlight and taillight for riding in the night. Many other features, such as the IPX4 water resistance rating, enabling you to ride the scooter through puddles and light rain.
Handling and Build Quality
For a $500 electric scooter the build quality is really impressive. The deck, stem and frame are made out of strong and durable metal. The stem itself is sturdy and thick, which is exactly what you want.
The deck is covered with anti-skid rubber surface which improves ride comfort, especially over long distances.
Many parts of the Turboant X7 Pro are made out of strong plastic, such as parts of the kickstand, tailight and mudguard. The kickstand itself is a useful feature to have, which many $500 electric scooters do not have.
The weight of the Turboant X7 Pro is 15 kg or 33 pounds, which is not the lightest but not that heavy as well, considering the components used. If you want to have an electric scooter with a portable battery pack then you have to make due with a slightly heavier unit. When you need to move the scooter it is best to fold it.
Ergonomics and Ride Comfort
When you ride your scooter on a regular basis then ergonomics becomes a very important factor.The Turboant X7 Pro is an electric scooter with very good ergonomics.
For examples the handlebars are covered with rubber handles which are comfortable to grip and the hands won't slip. The single push brake is located at the left hand side and is fairly sensitive and takes a bit time to get used to. A warning ring bell is also located a little below the brake handle and can be triggered when the lever is pushed. The bell is not very loud but can still be heard by other people around.
The main controls are located at the right hand side. The throttle bar is red in color and has the function button and power button. To turn on the scooter and the LCD display, you simply need to push and hold the power button for a few seconds. The function button enables you to turn on the LED headlight by rapidly pressing the function button two times and the button also enables you to between 3 different riding speeds.
The bright and large LCD display has a digital speed indicator and the speed level icon. The battery level indicator is located below the LCD display in the form of horizontal bars. When you see 5 bars then it means the battery is fully charged and when one bar is left the battery charge is less than 25%.
Although the Turboant X7 Pro does not have suspension, the large 10-inch air-filled tires act as suspension. The tires absorb the bumps on the road really well and the tires work best when the tire pressure is at 31.9 and 34.8 psi.It would be wise to regularly check the pressure level to ensure the tires work optimally.
The scooter has a 125 kg or 275 pound weight limit, which shows how strong and sturdy the scooter is. Most $500 electric scooters have a 220 pound weight limit only but the extra weight limit allows for heavier adults to ride the scooter as well.
The triple braking mechanism of EBS (Electronic Braking System), rear disc brake, and foot brake ensures an efficient braking distance as short as 16.4 ft (5 m). Although the braking is a bit sensitive.
- 1 × Folding Electric Scooter
- 1 × Charging Adapter
- 1 × M6 Hexagon Wrench
- 1 × User Manual
- 1 × Warranty Card
The Turboant X7 Pro Questions and Answers
Q: What will influence the typical max mileage?
The actual range depends on the battery status, tire pressure, load, temperature, wind speed, road conditions, riding habits, and more.
Q: How to fold it?
1. Release the stem safety lever by rotating it clockwise.
2. Pull down the stem folding spanner.
3. Lower down the stem.
4. Secure the stem onto the mudguard.
Q: How to remove battery?
1. Hold down and pull out the battery release button to release the battery pack.
2. Push the battery pack upwards while pulling and holding down on the battery release button.
3. Pull out the battery pack horizontally.
Q: How to install battery?
1. Insert the battery pack horizontally by aligning the battery pack grooves with the linings of the battery pack compartment.
2. Make sure the battery pack is aligned to the stem. Press down on the battery pack until an audible click can be heard, indicating that the battery pack has been locked in place properly.
Q: How to ride the scooter?
1. Wear protective gear such as a helmet.
2. Hold the power button for 2 seconds to turn on the scooter.
3. Place the foot of your weaker leg on the middle of the pedal.
4. Build up sufficient momentum with your stronger leg.
5. Place the toes of the other foot onto the rear of the deck and the heel onto the mudguard.
6. Gently press down the throttle to accelerate.
7. Step down onto the mudguard to break and assist the breaking by pressing the brake lever.
Q: How to charge the installed battery?
1. Remove the charging port cover at the bottom of the stem. Make sure the charging port is dry and free of dust.
2. Connect the charging adapter.
3. The battery is fully charged when the indicator light of the charging adapter turns from red to green.
4. Close the charging port cover after charging the battery.
Q: How to charge the removed battery?
1. Remove the battery.
2. Open the charging port cover at the bottom of the battery. Make sure the charging port is dry and free of dust.
3. Connect the charging adapter.
4. The battery is fully charged when the indicator light of the charging adapter turns from red to green.
5. Close the charging port cover after charging the battery.
Q: How to maintain the electric scooter?
1. Make sure the scooter is turned off and the power adapter is disconnected.
2. Wipe clean the scooter with a damp cloth. Never use lubricating oil on the body and do not immerse it in water.
The Turboant X7 Pro 2023
$500 Electric Scooter with Portable Battery
The Turboant X7 Pro is certainly one of the best $500 electric scooters and the detachable and portable battery pack is a real bonus. This scooter has pretty much all the features you would expect from a proper city commuter electric scooter.
Of course for $500 you can't expect to get it all but this scooter is a real gem and certainly better overall value than many other popular entry level electric scooters.
You can expect to have lots of fun with this scooter and if you ride your scooter to work instead of your car then it will pay for itself very quickly, especially due to the rapidly increasing inflation in 2022 and 2023. When properly taken care of it should last for many years.